~NO HEART IS TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL TO BE WHOLE~
Welcome to Whole Hearts Matter
ASKING FOR HELP IS NEITHER A BURDEN NOR A WEAKNESS;
IT IS A SIGN OF COURAGE, STRENGTH, SELF-RESPECT AND HUMANNESS
WHAT IS PEER SUPPORT?
"...A successful Peer Support relationship will leave the peer feeling more empowered and hopeful about the future. The value of the relationship is derived from a sense of CONNECTION through the shared experience of living with adversities of life. The message "I've been there and found my way, and I believe you can too" is the foundation for building trust and feeling comfortable in sharing in a supportive, non-judgemental environment."
WHO IS A PEER SUPPORTER?
"...someone with the lived experience of recovery from a mental health condition, substance use disorder, domestic violence, sexualized violence, etc. They provide support to others experiencing similar challenges. They provide non-clinical, strengths-based support and are “experientially credentialed” by their own recovery journey (Davidson, et al., 1999)."
* provide non-judgmental, accepting and empathic environment for sharing;
* are willing to be open about their own experiences;
* inspire hope that people can and do recover;
* walk with people on their recovery journeys;
* provide self-help education and link people to tools and resources;
* support people in identifying their goals, hopes, and dreams;
* help creating a roadmap for healing and recovery."
WHAT ARE LIVED EXPERIENCES?
"...1. personal knowledge about the world gained through direct, first-hand involvement in everyday events rather than through representations constructed by other people."
"...2. the experiences of people on whom a social issue or combination of issues has had a direct impact."
Please, explore the website to see what services I provide, what kind of support I offer and what training I have.
If you feel inclined to reach out, please go to BOOKINGS tab. The consultations are confidential.